[GTALUG] QEMU and GDB debugging a kernel module

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Sep 3 15:41:07 UTC 2015

On Tue, Sep 01, 2015 at 09:43:06PM -0400, Kevin Cozens wrote:
> I haven't done that. I have seldom used gdb directly. If I'm doing debugging
> I use gdb via ddd. The ddd program makes debugging a lot easier (for me)
> than the command line based gdb.

Last I looked at it (a long time ago), ddd had to be one of the worst,
most buggy, awful ui, pieces of crap I ever encountered.  Even makes
eclipse seem like a good idea in comparison.  So bad I have never ever
considered looking at it again.  I assumed it had to have died out from
being so bad.

--
Len Sorensen