[GTALUG] Links from yesterday

Alex Volkov alex at flamy.ca
Wed Nov 11 14:22:36 UTC 2015

Hello everyone,

Here's the links from my yesterday talk/rant/open-ended question thingy.

Error message gmail gives you when you try to use IPv6 with no proper
PTR records --
https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?p=ipv6_authentication_error&rd=1#authentication

Instructions on setting up reverse DNS with NSD, which in my case is not
relevant because I don't control the IP block and my ISP needs to do
that for me -- https://www.sixxs.net/wiki/NSD#Zone_configuration

Subnet calculator that also works with IPv6, and will definitely will
help you to keep your sanity in case you also need to work with IPv6 --
http://www.gestioip.net/cgi-bin/subnet_calculator.cgi

Myles sent me a link on how to configure PTR using Linode manager, which
basically answers the question --
https://www.linode.com/docs/networking/dns/setting-reverse-dns

Debian Administrator's Handbook -- https://debian-handbook.info/

Also to answer Scott's question if the book has a section on mail
server, indeed it does. I assumed the book would go over Exim setup, as
it is the default mail server in Debian, but apparently Postfix is
documented instead --
https://debian-handbook.info/browse/stable/network-services.html#sect.smtp-mail-server

Thanks,

Alex.