[GTALUG] Server issues and questions

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:47:43 UTC 2015

Greetings

I have been trying to set up an older Dell poweredge 2950II for use as
a NAS box (and possibly some other things.

Running into a problem. I used one hard drive from the array for some
much needed other purpose for a few weeks and now when I wanted to put
it back into the server well there are problems.

I can't get the bios to accept the '<ctrl> R' input.
When in the PD Mgmt area when I use F2 to get into the hard disk area
I can make the front panel light blink (or not) but I cannot get any
other of the functions to highlight. The cursor just doesn't want to
move!

So - - -

Does anyone know how to kick the bios in the seat of the pants to get
the hardware raid to work?

Other option - - - drastic and expensive is to remove the 32GB of ECC
ram in the box and setup a
new server box. (I don't want to do this but if the other one won't
work - - - well I need something that will!)

Ideas - - - suggestions - - - - please?

TIA

Dee