[GTALUG] Keep X from going to sleep

Marcelo Kalib kalibslack at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:01:04 UTC 2015

On 17 de março de 2015 at 08:56:01, William Witteman (wwitteman at gmail.com) wrote:
Here's a problem I'm hoping to solve:

When idle for some amount of time, X shuts down the screen. When a
program like VLC is playing a video (or even paused) this does not
happen.

How can I tell X to never sleep? I just want it to send output down
that cable, constantly, forever.

I manage screen burn and power wasting by turning off the monitor, but
when the screen goes to sleep, my inexpensive monitor (an LG)
sometimes has trouble noticing and won't display anything until X is
restarted, which is a pain.

Probably not a X configuration, but a WM. What WM are you using?? You need to check the Power Save options, or something like that (depending on which WM).

--
Marcelo Cavalcante Rocha - Kalib

Fortaleza - Ceará - Brazil
Mobile: +55 085 87620983
Certificações: ITIL V3 | CSM | LPI-C1 | LPI-C2 | LPI-C3 | Novell CLA
Minha Pessoa: Blog

Proteja meu endereço como estou protegendo o seu.
Não revele e-mail dos correspondentes: use Cco (Copia Carbonada Oculta).
Retire os endereços antes de reenviar. Dificulte assim a
disseminação de vírus e spam.