[GTALUG] war story: creating Raspberry Pi 2 boot card

Mauro Souza thoriumbr at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 21:24:43 UTC 2015

I had a Pi running happish on a class 4, if I recall correctly... I just
mounted the root file system read only and created a small ramdisk to /tmp.
Whenever I needed to change something I would remount it rw, change,
reboot. Before that the card would be killed every other week, every time
the Pi suffered a power failure. Probably a slow card cannot flush the
cache fast enough.

But I don't own it anymore, I sold it to a friend and now I am a proud
owner of a cubietruck.