[GTALUG] war story: creating Raspberry Pi 2 boot card

Anthony de Boer adb at adb.ca
Sun Mar 8 22:51:46 UTC 2015

D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:
> I found an excuse to buy a Raspberry Pi 2.  Mathematica was too slow on
> the Raspberry Pi B.
> If you've done any of this, I'd like to hear how it worked for you.

- Downloaded 2015-02-16-raspbian-wheezy.zip
- Unzip in /tmp
- Determined that the uSD was sdg on my workstation

# dd if=/tmp/2015-02-16-raspbian-wheezy.img of=/dev/sdg

- Hook up Pi2 (HDMI, USB keyboard, USB power)
- Power up
- See quad raspberries on boot screen
- Enjoy

Since you're using NOOBS, YMMV.  I did note that the last two release log
entries for Raspbian spoke of Pi2 compatibility, so grab the latest of
whatever you're using and don't use an image you downloaded back when.

(If you do the latter, the Pi2 displays a pretty coloured block and just
sits there.  DAMHIKT.)

--
Anthony de Boer