[GTALUG] Dirty Power and Wi Fi Far field effect

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 15:00:16 UTC 2015

Here's a link to killing hair dryers with with wifi.

https://defcon.org/images/defcon-22/dc-22-presentations/Jauregui/DEFCON-22-Maggie-Jauregui-Girl-Fault-Interrupted-Updated.pdf

Here's a link to the back sea incident. From my perspective, its a battle
for information. Who's military industrial complex do you believe in. US or
Soviet.

http://www.defanse.com/rusia/uss-donald-cook-versus-duel-su-24-russia

On Mar 14, 2015 10:17 AM, "Russell Reiter" <rreiter91 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 14, 2015 9:50 AM, "Dave Cramer" <davecramer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Dave Cramer
> >
> > On 14 March 2015 at 09:07, Russell Reiter <rreiter91 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm not sure what happened here but I just replied to Lennart's post
and then got James and the others posts on this thread. Toasted tower = New
tablet = New learning curve.

> >> I see that most don't buy into my theory and in fact I have a hard
time with it myself, which is why I posted it to the list. Clean power is
important to people, perhaps more so today than at any other time in our
development as human society(ies).

> > Given that most computers now use switching power supplies which are
incredibly tolerant of voltage and phase I would like to hear the rationale
to the above statement ?

> Near and far field EM effects which don't necessarily pass through the
power supplies.

> >> We tend to think of most of the aspects of technology that we use
today to be cut and dried ie. Doctors provide medicine, lawyers provide
legal services etc. However, when you read the fine print you find that a
person is engaged in a medical or legal practice and I simply extend this
postulation to electrical practices.

> >> High tension electrical engineering is a quantative and qualitative
science. However, there is an almost mystical quality to electricity which
only first responding power workers experience first hand. Historically
this resulted in many deaths. Science recorded those experiential outcomes
and has adjusted it's own theories and practices accordingly.

> > huh ?
> Sorry I don't understand your question mark, please elaborate.
>

> >> Here is one of my war stories of sustainable development and the grid.
> >>
> >> I was working as a lead hand in the construction of a recording
studio. One of my responsibilities was to ensure the control room was
acoustically accurate. ie conforming to specifications. The mixing board
was a half million dollars of solid state logic circuit clusters.

> >> Ontario Hydro promises +- 3% flux in power but when we tested power on
our side of the isolation terminals we were spiking to 7%. Hydro took some
time to sort out what the problem was. Turns out that a auto body shop on
the same street had wired one leg of its welding unit out of phase and it
was sending spikes out all over the place. So instead of directing the
owner to wire it correctly, Hydro ran a new clean leg up to our unit. They
did it hot and in the rain, kudos to their skills and training.

> >> Why, because the cost of using the courts to cause conformity was more
expensive than the kludge they actually implemented. So whenever I'm
discussing power and someone tells me this is the way it is, I find myself
saying, no that is the way it should be.

> >> What a thing is and what it should be are two different things. One is
a theory and one is a fact. Facts which are uniformly agreed upon are
considered to be the status quo. Here is the status quo of north Americas
power grid as expressed by a British engineer lo these many decades ago.
"North America was wired with a great deal of optimism and little regard
for the common earth."

> >> So in my mind every poorly grounded home or miswired factory on the
load balanced grid is a potential source of problems which are not
necessilarly going to manifest themselves in an easily discernable manner.
Converting 60hz to 50hz can be done at any point in the grid if the proper
equipment is installed and could do a lot to clean up errant spikes which
could adversely affect expensive computer controlled equipment.

> >> One of the first things a welder learns is how to orient themselves in
respect to the unit so they don't cook their liver when they operate the
equipment.

> > Can you explain? What causes their liver to cook?
>
> If you stand directly between the power unit and the anode an
interference field is set up and heats the magnetite present in every
living human cell.  Ask any certified welder, they know the best practices,
although they not be in full understanding of the physics involved.

> >> If a programming environment may be described as an ecosystem, which
it often is, can we not also allow for mystical qualities - that some
things happen behind the scenes and they may be things of which we, as end
users, are not fully aware.

> >> One further point. The current state of EM warfare is so advanced that
any major municipality who is not hardening its grid is doing a significant
disservice to its population. Nothing of what I have said is beyond the
possible realm of the current state of things.

> >> In fact recently 27 US sailors asked to be relieved of duty after a
soviet jet disabled their warship in the black sea. The soviets used an EM
weapon to disable all command and control systems and flew simulated attack
sorties over the ship till they ran out of file and went home.

> > reference ?
>
> I found the story on a news aggregation service. AP or RT. If you can't
find the info using key words Email me and I'll go through my history files
for you, although I do delete stuff regularly and I can't remember if that
data is on my now, temporarily (I hope) toasted tower.