[GTALUG] Dirty Power and Wi Fi Far field effect

Russell Reiter rreiter91 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 13:32:16 UTC 2015

I think you misread my original post. I don't have gfi in my unit at all.
Also I use the term inversion to indicate generic change of statefullness.
Rectify is the proper term for AC to DC, I stand corrected.

However as I said it was wi fi which I believe took out the hair dryer.
This is a known and recorded type of event on the North American power grid.
There was a presentation on this at defcon last year.

Please remember there are a lot of volunteer researchers working on this as
we speak. I live in one of the oldest parts of the city and very close to
major switching facilities, so my experiential outcomes are going to be
different than others on the same grid. That is unless you are my neighbour
and we share the same node of the grid.