[GTALUG] war story: creating Raspberry Pi 2 boot card

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 01:40:42 UTC 2015

If you can't get to a Windows machine or Mac, low-level formatting on a
digital camera will clean up the card read for NOOBS. After that, I've
always had success with:

    unzip NOOBS-/ver/.zip -d /mountpoint_of_SD_card/

I think the SD card type sensitivity has gone away with more recent
firmwares on the Raspberry Pi, but they are still very critical of poor
power supplies. The 2 can be especially picky, since it can put out
larger currents over USB than the earlier models.

I do like the Model B Version 2. I'll have to see if it's faster than
the two older (> 5 years) computers I have lying about for dedicated jobs.

Incidentally, Lawrence now has a stock of the Raspberry Pi 2 now at
Creatron.

cheers,
 Stewart