[GTALUG] [offtopic] Global telenetworking

Brent Kimberley Brent.Kimberley at Durham.ca
Wed Jun 24 15:44:07 UTC 2015

Evan
You said that you were looking for people to hire teleworkers situated in refugee camps who were bound to their locations.

For starters, how does this scheme prevent refoulment?‎ (ie The return of a refugee to their persecutors.)

Brent
From: Evan Leibovitch
Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 09:49
To: GTALUG Talk
Reply To: GTALUG Talk
Subject: Re: [GTALUG] [offtopic] Global telenetworking

On 24 June 2015 at 13:59, Brent Kimberley <Brent.Kimberley at durham.ca<mailto:Brent.Kimberley at durham.ca>> wrote:
‎Refugees are at risk of being "the face of modern slavery".

​Hi Brent,

Please explain what you mean, and how at all it relates to my question. Meanwhile, I include my day-job .sig below, so you might better understand the context. I am looking for livelihoods, not exploitation -- and certainly not sloganeering.

​----​

Evan Leibovitch, Computer Technology Access (CTA) Coordinator
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugeees • Rue Montbrilliant 94, 1202 Geneva
• leibovit at unhcr.org<mailto:leibovit at unhcr.org>   evanleibovitch @el56 • +41 22 739 7651​

THIS MESSAGE IS FOR THE USE OF THE INTENDED RECIPIENT(S) ONLY AND MAY CONTAIN INFORMATION THAT IS PRIVILEGED, PROPRIETARY, CONFIDENTIAL, AND/OR EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE UNDER ANY RELEVANT PRIVACY LEGISLATION. No rights to any privilege have been waived. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, copying, conversion to hard copy, taking of action in reliance on or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this message in error, please notify me by return e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this message.