[GTALUG] Looking for cell phone... which brand?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Jun 17 08:07:52 UTC 2015

Greetings from the GTALUG branch office in Geneva.

I just bought an LG G4 and am EXTREMELY happy with it. Best phone I've ever
owned. But probably beyond your price expectations.

For what you want I would highly suggest looking at the Moto E, which is
normally $180 from Telus, Koodo, and staples. Canada Computers currently
has it on special for $150
<http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_415&item_id=082273>.
Many reviews call it one of the best smartphones at the low end.

On 17 June 2015 at 06:25, Aruna Hewapathirane <aruna.hewapathirane at gmail.com
> wrote:

> HI William,
>
> There are Blu and Que phones.
>
> QUE: http://queproducts.com/
> BLU: http://www.bluproducts.com/index.php/android-phones
>
> Both have Dual SIM, both very decent devices. Price is very affordable.
>
> Flip side is you may not ( or you may ) receive the clarity say of a
> Samsung or LG and if shit happens I have no idea what their replacement
> policy is or warranties are.
>
> My 2cents both are very solid devices for the price.
>
> Thanks - Aruna
>

> On Wed, Jun 17, 2015 at 12:09 AM, William Park <opengeometry at yahoo.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> My BlackBerry is dying.  So, I'm looking to buy a cheap cell phone out
>> right for Rogers network.  I don't care about locked, unlocked, Android,
>> Windows, etc, because my usage is 95% text and 5% voice.
>>
>> Which brand do you recommend?  CanadaComputers has BLU phones (Android).
>> Microsoft Stores has them too.  Any feedback on these BLU phones?
>> --
>> William
>> ---

Evan Leibovitch