[GTALUG] IDE and tips for working with JavaScript?

Caroly Fisher carolyfisher at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 23:55:54 UTC 2015

First off, I know not Linux related things go to off topic. I'm not sure if the sender is supposed to direct the topic or not. Sorry if I should be~

I was looking at working on my code again, and decided to try tapping into JavaScript. I'll need a simple IDE (that will of course run on Linux, but most of them do so meh). I've minimal experience with JavaScript, and coding as a whole. My currently favored IDE is Brackets. It's been great so far, and works with JavaScript. Of course, not being familiar with JS, I'm not sure how well it works with JavaScript.

Any tips on a similar IDE that may be more compatible with JavaScript and just tips in general about starting with JS would be of great help. I apologize if the question is too vague.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone