[GTALUG] Power Supplies & Video Cards

Anthony de Boer adb at adb.ca
Thu Jan 1 17:18:35 UTC 2015

David Collier-Brown wrote:
> If you have a hardware nerd, take them along when you buy power
> supplies.  The difference in the contents of one of those shiney little
> cases is amazing, even with the same part number on  the outside.

If memory isn't completely failing me I think I recall Henry Spencer
once saying to pick them both up and buy the heavier one!

(Bigger heatsinks and beefier components certainly don't hurt.  Granted,
there are a few other factors, including efficiency if you're paying
for your own power these days and it's for a 24/7 box.)

--
Anthony de Boer