[GTALUG] Raid 10 repair question

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Feb 19 15:30:02 UTC 2015

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 05:04:16PM -0600, o1bigtenor wrote:
> Now I used gdisk to set things up so likely that is where I will need to
> start - - - hmmmmmmmmmmm.
>
> Has anyone done anything like this in the somewhat recent past?
>
> (Wondering if when disk is partitioned that mdadm will happily absorb that
> disk into the array. Likely will need another reboot too!)

There should be zero reboots required for this.

Most partition tools do a partition table reread automatically when you
exit, or you can use 'hdparm -z /dev/sdX' to do it.  If /proc/partitions
shows the new sizes, you are good to go.

The partitions have to be at least the size of the old partitions or
the raid won't be able to use them.

--
Len Sorensen