[GTALUG] Raid 10 repair question

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 22:14:04 UTC 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 9:30 AM, Lennart Sorensen <
lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 05:04:16PM -0600, o1bigtenor wrote:
> > Now I used gdisk to set things up so likely that is where I will need to
> > start - - - hmmmmmmmmmmm.
> >
> > Has anyone done anything like this in the somewhat recent past?
> >
> > (Wondering if when disk is partitioned that mdadm will happily absorb
> that
> > disk into the array. Likely will need another reboot too!)
>
> There should be zero reboots required for this.
>
> Most partition tools do a partition table reread automatically when you
> exit, or you can use 'hdparm -z /dev/sdX' to do it.  If /proc/partitions
> shows the new sizes, you are good to go.

Is there a way to partition the drive in a running system?

The only way that I know of is to reboot onto a rescue disk and use gparted
there
to partition the drive.

I have not been able to find anything using duckduck nor ms google.

A complete back is just finishing as I write this.

Thanking those that have contributed to the conversation for their
assistance!!

Dee