[GTALUG] Why Everyone Wants to Kill the Mouse and Keyboard

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh at mimosa.com
Fri Oct 31 16:21:26 UTC 2014

| From: Thomas Milne <thomas.bruce.milne at gmail.com>

| http://gizmo.do/boYucko <http://pocket.co/sDAQD>

I don't know what that page did, but it seemed to kill my brwoser.

There was a bunch of animation as if it were flash, but I don't have
flash.  I don't want that kind of animation, especially if it crashes
my Firefox.

I'm not annoyed at Thomas, I'm annoyed at the state of the art in web
crap.

(I don't have time to debug what went wrong.  Perhaps it wasn't that
noisy web page, perhaps is was a delayed effect of the solar eclipse.
Complexity is driving us to a new age of superstition.)