[GTALUG] Why Everyone Wants to Kill the Mouse and Keyboard

Stewart Russell scruss at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 21:51:37 UTC 2014

On Oct 31, 2014 3:59 PM, "Lennart Sorensen" <lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
wrote:

> But typing is way faster than hand writing.

I dunno about that. Give me some good paper and a decent fountain pen and
I'd probably be quicker. It would also have the advantage of being
completely illegible to anyone but me. Sometimes illegible to me, even.

(I can't touch-type and likely will never learn. My absurdly expensive and
old-fashioned Scottish public school wouldn't let boys take typing, as
"you'll have secretaries for that" ...)

Touch screens and me just don't work. Either they think I'm dead and they
don't register for me (must be a problem for the modern undead-about-town)
or I leave a layer of grease on the screen which needs to be squeegeed off
regularly. Either way, it's brutal.

Stewart