ssh works but scp does not

ted leslie ted.leslie-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 1 16:51:26 UTC 2014

It is possible since its a server you don't control , that they put some
restriction on SCP vs SSH.
In a not similar issue, but with a firewall issue, you can of course
reverse the file transfer.
In my case I had to park the files on a mutually accessible host. Go to the
system i could ssh to but not
scp, then scp IN from there.
You could ask the entity that admin/setup the server about the issue, maybe
they screwed up when putting some
restriction on ssh use on the server, maybe to do with PSK vs RSA. You
could also set up your own
sshd on that box on a custom port above the restricted 1024.
-tl