Any recommended small cheap tablets? Approx 6 or 7 inches.

Sam S sam.sidd-CZK690njTpI at public.gmane.org
Mon Jul 21 10:39:43 UTC 2014

I'm in a similar position.

Here's my experience / research so far:

With me being a stereotypically poor, starving student (though looks may suggest the opposite of starvation), I've been looking at *cheap* tablets for quite some time. All of the cheaper ones hover between $100 and $200, but I have yet to come across an amazing deal. Additionally, I personally can't imagine note-taking to be a whole lot of fun with a tablet, so a keyboard is a must.

I know the target here is a tablet, but if it's at all possible, I would consider a Chromebook.

Acer has a good line with Intel processors (easier to tweak than ARM from what I've read). I would go with the ones that have 4GB RAM. The 2GB models just don't have enough "oomph".
They can last 8-10 hours on a single charge, you can open them up and upgrade the built-in SSD (caution: will void warranty), and throw a version of Linux on there to run alongside the ChromeOS. Most people have installed Ubuntu on Chromebooks, but I suppose another distro could work. I'd throw a lightweight distro on there and watch it fly.
That's what I've gathered from my research so far. Just on the hunt for a good deal to come by.

Hope that helps.

 - Sam Sidd