Any recommended small cheap tablets? Approx 6 or 7 inches.

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Sat Jul 19 19:52:28 UTC 2014

On 14-07-18 11:14 PM, Walter Dnes wrote:
>    I'm not looking to replace my desktop or cellphone.  I'm more
> interested in something that I can carry around to use as a...
> * camera (movies+stills)
> * wifi web browsing
> * e-reader
> * jotting down small notes

There are quite a few inexpensive Android tablets available. Best Buy has
some for as low as $59 but that may be too low end for you. I recently
picked up an ASUS ME173 tablet from Best Buy for a family member. Original
price was $160 but it was an open box item and marked down (twice) so it had
a $130 sticker on it. I managed to get it for with a 2 year extended
warranty for $170 (taxes included).

The ME173 runs Android 4.2, has a screen of 1280x800, 1.2MP front camera,
and 5MP rear facing camera. Earlier in the year I picked up the ME172 which
has similar specs but just a front facing camera. You can get tablets with
more recent versions of Android or higher resolution screens.

I didn't want to spend a ton of money on a tablet as I wasn't sure what I
would use it for at first but had ideas of using it around the workbench. I
have no complaints about it (although I seem to run the batteries down
quickly). You may find the tablet good enough for your stated uses.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.