Women and TLUG - a personal rant

Colin McGregor colin.mc151-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Jan 16 11:19:24 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 9:37 PM, Stewart C. Russell <scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org>wrote:

> On 14-01-15 07:53 PM, William Park wrote:
> >
> > Come on, guys.  This bitching about TLUG meeting is strange to me and
> > counter productive as group.
>
> Actually, no; it's very productive to constructively criticize something
> you want to see improve. In the link that Colin posted, it's written up
> under “Geek Social Fallacy #2: Friends Accept Me As I Am”:
> http://www.plausiblydeniable.com/opinion/gsf.html
> — read it, it's good.

Sorry, my bad, I first heard about the Geek Social Fallacy article via
Stewart Russell on Monday, and I didn't credit him. Bottom line though,
there are points in that article that should be driven home to a GTALug
(and several other geek groups) audience (sad but true).

I often attend the GTALug board meetings, even though I am not a board
member. It is my hope that at the next board meeting GTALug will adopt a
formal code of conduct and then be prepared to enforce the code...

So, while I know the TLUG directors have tried their best, I have to say