Calendar app -- which one?

Bob Jonkman bjonkman-w5ExpX8uLjYAvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Jan 6 08:51:22 UTC 2014

I'm using Thunderbird with the Lightning calendar plugin.

I used Lightning as the UI to Google Calendar (also requires the
Thunderbird "Google Calendar Provider" plugin), but I've now abandoned
Google and am running an ownCloud server for the calendar repository. I
don't find the ownCloud web UI for the calendar very good, so I'm happy
that ownCloud's WebCal access works well with Lightning.

On my Android phone I use both aCal and SolCalendar to access the
ownCloud calendar repository. SolCalendar is prettier, but aCal is more
reliable. I use them only for alarms and viewing my schedule; all event
data entry is done with Lightning.

--Bob.