Papers on hacking a typesetter

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Fri Jan 3 18:35:20 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> On 3 January 2014 11:05, James Knott <james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
>>
>> Mauro Souza wrote:
>> > Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.
>>
>> Or more accurately absolute B.S..
>
> It's possible I disagree with the politics (and possibly the religion) of
> many people on this list.  But I'm not on the list to discuss those things:
> we're all here to talk about Linux and related topics.  Mauro has never
> pressed his religious beliefs on us - a single line of his sig is hardly
> something to get worked up about.  Both of you have contributed a lot to
> this list.  Let's try to keep my favourite mailing list classy, please?

Indeed.  GTALUG has generally not been entirely specific about the sorts of
ways in which it purports to be inclusive.  The usual things that are supposed
to NOT be the basis for insulting people tend to include race, gender, and,
to the point, here, religion.

A waggish reaction might be that this leaves things open to insult people on
the basis of *not* cleaving to a religion.  There are enough folk around with
some anti-religious fervour that that situation wouldn't last terribly long :-).

"Keep it classy", indeed.