dual sim cell phones

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Tue Feb 18 14:53:33 UTC 2014

Dave Cramer wrote:
> I'm looking for a dual sim phone as I will be spending some time in
> the states and would like my existing number to still work.
>
> Most of the dual sim phones are from china and apparently much of the
> translation is not done. Some of them are allegedly not very good at
> switching between sims.
>
> Anyone have any experience good or bad to share. Or possibly another
> way to do this. For instance is it possible to forward SMS ?
>
> Dave Cramer

One possibility is to get the U.S. SIM and forward your calls to that
number.  I'm with Rogers and it's possible to do that with the dial pad
on the phone.  Depending on your plan, it may also be possible to do the
same with a web browser.

Here is some info I received from Rogers.  It should be the same for
other providers.

*Call Forward / Call Waiting Star Codes*

*Note:* If you have a voicemail active on your account, you will only be
able to perform the unconditional call forwarding (forwards all calls).
Any conditioncal call forwarding will not register on the network.

To perform call forwarding, go to the phone application on your device
and dial these numbers.  Then press send once you have entered the code.

Forward All Calls
- Activate   *21*[10 Digit Phone Number]#
- Cancel & De-register  ##21#
- Cancel & Retain  #21#
- Status   *#21#
- Re-establish   *21#

Forward if Busy
- Activate   *67*[10 Digit Phone Number]#
- Cancel & De-register  ##67#
- Cancel & Retain  #67#
- Status   *#67#
- Re-establish   *67#

Forward if Not Answered
- Activate   *61*[10 Digit Phone Number]#
- Cancel & De-register  ##61#
- Cancel & Retain  #61#
- Status   *#61#
- Re-establish   *61#

Forward if Out of Reach
- Activate   *62*[10 Digit Phone Number]#
- Cancel & De-register  ##62#
- Cancel & Retain  #62#
- Status   *#62#
- Re-establish   *62#

Simultaneously perform *ALL FOUR* forwards:
- Activate   *002*[10 Digit Phone Number]#
- Cancel & De-register  ##002#
- Cancel & Retain  #002#
- Re-establish   *002#

Simultaneously perform *ALL Conditional* Forwards:

- Activate   *004*[10 Digit Phone Number]#
- Cancel & De-register  ##004#
- Cancel & Retain  #004#
- Re-establish   *004#

*Call Waiting *

Star Code
 Result

*43#
 Activate Call Waiting

#43#
 Deactivate Call Waiting

*#43#
 Check status of Call Waiting

Star Code
 Result

*#06#
 Displays the IMEI number

#31#
 Temp block outgoing caller ID

#686# (#NUM#)
 Displays mobile number

#326# (#FAM#)
 Displays the individual line usage (limits) on Family Allowances (TMo)

#793# (#PWD#)
 Resets your voicemail password to the last for digits of your mobile number

*#*#8351#*#*
 Voice Dialer Logging Enabled

 Voice Dialer Logging Disabled

 Phone Setting