Thanks for the feedback on Yahoo in Canada right now...

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Apr 17 15:56:16 UTC 2014

On 04/17/2014 10:01 AM, David Collier-Brown wrote:
> ... The next step is to figure out what to do about it.

How about ditching Yahoo? Both Yahoo and Hotmail/MSN/Live and any ISP
that uses them in the background are huge pains for e-commerce systems
that rely on sending confirmation links to users. More often than not,
those emails will either get misclassified as junk or never get
delivered at all. Recently, I was speaking with someone who hadn't
received an email I'd sent to his Sympatico (Microsoft backed). He asked
me to send it again and he didn't receive it. He said he has a Gmail
address so I sent the same email to both his Sympatico and his Gmail
account. He got it immediately at his Gmail account. It never reached
his Sympatico account. It's nowhere to be found and it's not in his junk
or inbox folders. He realized then that he's probably been missing
important emails from people for years and he switched to Gmail. I'm not
advocating for Gmail, though it's a perfectly capable mail system. I'm
just saying that in the universe of possibilities, Yahoo and Microsoft's
various free email offerings are the worst possible choices.

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay

647-778-8696