Is FTPsync my Best Solution

Aruna Hewapathirane aruna.hewapathirane-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun Sep 29 01:03:52 UTC 2013

Give FileZilla <https://filezilla-project.org/>a test run you will not be
disappointed. I have been using FileZilla for many long years and can
recommend highly. But then this is a personal preference as there are so
many tools out there but in terms of features and ease of use and initial
setting up FileZilla beats them hands down.

Have a look here: https://wiki.filezilla
-project.org/Using#Synchronized_Browsing

On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 8:50 PM, Stephen <stephen-d-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> I am looking for a tool to update my hosted (Hostpopa) web site. I like
> rsync for local stuff and found FTPsync using Google.
>
> But this is not Ubuntu supported. Since I am not in a hurry, I thought I
> would pause and solicite opinions/advice.
>
> I anticipate the site to grow to hundreds of pages, and many images linked
> on the pages.
>
> 1) I compose and test on my local system
> 2) I want to, as simply as possible, update the host site.
>
> I welcome comments about FTPsync experience as well as suggestions for
> alternate tools I might consider.
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Stephen