Interested in ereaders

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Mon Sep 23 16:06:31 UTC 2013

On 13-09-19 12:19 PM, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> The audio part is really really pointless.  In fact sony dropped audio
> support from their newer models because an ereader makes a lousy mp3
> player and it is a waste of the ereaders battery.

Pointless? For most people, perhaps. One use for audio in an eReader would
be to handle text to speech, or for audio books, for the visually impaired.

I picked up an Android based tablet to allow me to do some of the things I
used to do on my laptop (which recently failed). I have a Sony eReader for
reading books as I don't have to worry too much about its batteries if I get
in to a long session of reading. The main reason to read books on a tablet
is when you are reading something where you want to see the pictures in the
book in colour (such as when I read the book I have on CSS).

If I want to listen to MP3's I have my Palm based PDA for that.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.