FSOSS 2013: Seneca's Free Software and Open Source Symposium (urgent)

Scott Elcomb psema4-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 7 17:29:17 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 12:48 PM, Giles Orr <gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I've been two or three times now, and have also really enjoyed it.  It's a
> bit of a pain to get to, being as it's out on the York University campus.
> But it's a pretty decent environment: what it loses by not being a corporate
> conference centre it makes up by not being a corporate conference centre, if
> you see what I mean.  The student volunteers who run it sometimes have
> things starting a bit behind schedule, but the staff have always been
> enthusiastic and friendly.  Seneca at York is heavily involved in FOSS so I
> guess that's not a big surprise.  I'll be there again this year.

I've been a couple times and recommend it to others whenever
opportunity permits.

Doesn't look like I'm going to make it this year though.  There's a
few talks I'd be interested in attending but one in particular I'm
hoping will be made available online following the symposium:

"Canada's New Copyright Laws and its Implications for Linux and Open Source"
<http://fsoss.senecac.on.ca/2013//node/167>

--
  Scott Elcomb
  @psema4 on Twitter / Identi.ca / Github & more