FSOSS 2013: Seneca's Free Software and Open Source Symposium (urgent)

Giles Orr gilesorr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Mon Oct 7 16:48:09 UTC 2013

I've been two or three times now, and have also really enjoyed it.  It's a
bit of a pain to get to, being as it's out on the York University campus.
But it's a pretty decent environment: what it loses by not being a
corporate conference centre it makes up by not being a corporate conference
centre, if you see what I mean.  The student volunteers who run it
sometimes have things starting a bit behind schedule, but the staff have
always been enthusiastic and friendly.  Seneca at York is heavily involved in
FOSS so I guess that's not a big surprise.  I'll be there again this year.

I know there's at least one person (sorry, can't remember who at the
moment) who attends TLUG meetings who found FSOSS a poor conference.  While
I disagree, I think they should weigh in too.  :-)

On 7 October 2013 11:07, D. Hugh Redelmeier <hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:

> First, the urgent part: the registration price goes up a lot after
> tomorrow.
>
> This local conference has been worthwhile and fun each time that I've
> attended.  I recommend it.
>
> <http://fsoss.senecac.on.ca/2013/>
> <https://www2.senecacollege.ca/eventregistration/events/fsoss2013>

Giles