customizing FireFox [was GeeNifty: Override Firefox's Newtab page for a custom page.]

Mauro Souza thoriumbr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Oct 3 21:13:02 UTC 2013

I don't know if installing extensions count as a customization, but there
goes my list:
- Ad Block Plus: blocks ads almost everywhere, but I whitelist lots of
sites I visit often (slashdot, lifehacker, hackaday, etc)
- BugMeNot: I don't want to register an account to a forum just to see a
link someone posted, and bugmenot have a huge repository of voluntary
provided logins and passwords for lots of sites
- NoScript: I don't like javascript running everywhere. I also whitelist
that sites I need scripting, and ignore the rest. Faster and more secure
internet.
- NukeThis Enhanced: So I can delete portions of any webpage for printing,
or watching, or whatever.

I use other extensions, but I think that list is a good one for almost
everybody.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.