resizing a ext3 partition

David Thornton northdot9-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 21 15:28:12 UTC 2013

Did you rescan the scsi bus?

http://rescan-scsi-bus.sh

Does the os see the new disk size? ( Dmesg)

When it does, then you can fdisk.

Also consider:
1. Partprobe to reread the partition table.

And

2. In the future consider not using a partition table at all. So where
before you might allocate a whole disk as /dev/sdb1 , you instead use
simply /dev/sdb . This removes one "moving part": the partition table.
It worked really well for us. Of course it only applies when you have
a single partition.

David

--
Sent from my mobile device