unwelcome mouse pointer wrap around: Ubuntu 13.04

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 30 11:27:05 UTC 2013

On 13-05-29 11:07 PM, Randy Jonasz wrote:

> If you click on System Settings, then choose Display, you can then drag
> the monitors detected around to sit in the order you wish.

Thanks, Randy, but I've only got the one laptop display.

On 13-05-30 01:06 AM, Bob Jonkman wrote:

> The CompizConfigSettingsManager has an option for wrapping the mouse
> around the screen, under "Desktop Wall | Viewport Switcher | Allow
> Wrap-Around".  Although I have CCSM installed, I'm not running a
> Compiz enabled  desktop environment, so I can't test it.

It was unset all along, Bob. I even tried setting it, logging out,
unsetting it, logging out again, but it was still there.

The mouse viewport seems to be slightly wider than the 1600×900 display,
so when the pointer wraps around there's a small deadband before it
comes back to the other side of the screen.

Thanks for the answers. It's still got me stumped.

cheers,
 Stewart