Top posting

Jamon Camisso jamon.camisso-H217xnMUJC0sA/PxXw9srA at public.gmane.org
Tue May 28 18:59:37 UTC 2013

On 28/05/13 02:37 PM, Randy Jonasz wrote:
> Agreed, a community cannot  survive without language rules.  But I wonder
> what all the hot air is about html posting.  Technology should be an
> enabler not a disciplinary tool.  In this case HTML5 posts present the
> possibility of receiving video mail.  Do I hear singing telegrams coming to
> tlug?

With Thunderbird incorporating WebRTC and XMPP support, I don't see why
not. I've played around with getUserMedia in Firefox and it work quite
well given how new WebRTC support is.

However, back to your point, those two are technical protocols that
mediate transporting content between computer systems. HTML spans of
pink italic 16pt font are not technically required to ensure the
delivery of one's emails.

Cheers, Jamon