Time for Pi

Stewart C. Russell scruss-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sun May 19 13:56:42 UTC 2013

On 13-05-19 08:24 AM, Mel Wilson wrote:

> … I don't really use SD chips except in RPi.  The culprits
> in front of me are Kingston SD10V/16GBCR .  They loaded up no problem in
> the USB/SD adaptor on my desktop, but in the RPi they couldn't get
> through boot -- reported a host of I/O errors seemingly forever.  I
> suspect it might be something Broadcom could fix, and perhaps will.

This will be hard to do if the card won't boot, but consider upgrading
the firmware. The most recent Raspbian ships with a firmware from just
before things got really stable. Much of the content in the Raspberry Pi
wiki is more than a few months old, which makes it ancient in dog years.

cheers,
 Stewart