Time for Pi

Mel Wilson mwilson-Ja3L+HSX0kI at public.gmane.org
Sun May 19 12:24:22 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 03:15 -0400, William Park wrote:
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 10:52:22PM -0400, Mel Wilson wrote:
> > On Sat, 2013-05-18 at 10:34 -0400, Stewart C. Russell wrote:
> > > ??? SDHC card ??? Unless you have a specific tiny embedded application,
> > > get a brand-name Class 10 32 GB SDHC. Whatever Canada Computers had as
> > > their weekly special is what I use. Technically, you should check the
> > > compatible cards list (http://elinux.org/RPi_SD_cards) first.
> >
> > You really should check.  Many model numbers within popular brands will
> > not work.  Staff at Canada Computer camera shop have been very good
> > about bringing up that web page and helping select.
>
> Is this Raspberry issue or SDHC?

Hard to say.  I don't really use SD chips except in RPi.  The culprits
in front of me are Kingston SD10V/16GBCR .  They loaded up no problem in
the USB/SD adaptor on my desktop, but in the RPi they couldn't get
through boot -- reported a host of I/O errors seemingly forever.  I
suspect it might be something Broadcom could fix, and perhaps will.

	Mel.