How to force a connection to go out of machine?

Mauro Souza thoriumbr-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Thu May 16 18:54:32 UTC 2013

Not directly answering your question, but a tip...

If you want to test the wireless speed, put wifi and cable connections on
separate subnets. If you have 2 computers, try a ping flood on the wireless
interface (sudo ping -f -s 1400 ip-address). Take a look at your bandwidth
(both iftop and iptraf does a good job). After that, flood ping the wired
interface.

If you notice a very different rate on the two nets, check if your wireless
network is using a busy channel. I use airodump-ng to see what channel the
networks around me are using. Or your wifi card is not that good.

Mauro
http://mauro.limeiratem.com - registered Linux User: 294521
Scripture is both history, and a love letter from God.