How to force a connection to go out of machine?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Thu May 16 18:14:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm getting 2MB/s wireless throughput on N750 dual-band router.  So,
something is wrong somewhere.  In order to test more throughly, I need
to force a connection to actually go out of the machine.  How do I do
that?

Say, I have 2 interfaces connected to a router:
    - wlan0 = 192.168.1.3 -- wireless
    - eth0 = 192.168.1.100  -- long cable
Normally, the machine simply route the connection internally.  But, I
need it to go to the router on "wlan0" and then back to me on "eth0",
and vice versa.
--
William