"I Contribute to the Windows Kernel. We Are Slower Than Other Operating Systems. Here Is Why."

William Muriithi william.muriithi-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 14 23:53:17 UTC 2013

> "I Contribute to the Windows Kernel. We Are Slower Than Other Operating
> Systems. Here Is Why."
> http://blog.zorinaq.com/?e=74

---quote--
(Besides: you guys have systemd, which if I'm going to treat it the same
way I treated NTFS, is an all-devouring octopus monster about crawl out of
the sea and eat Tokyo and spit it out as a giant binary logfile.)
--end quote--

Ha, like the way he take a dig on systemd. Looks like its universally
hated.

Anyway had read it yesterday.  Initially passed it thinking its another
lame windows vs Linux article,  but noticed its all over the media, so gave
it an eye.

Well written, solid evidence he is a windows kernel hacker and petty well
rounded knowledge.

Can't help to wonder how they can fix their problems.  They can pay more
for a start, they shouldn't let Google outbid them on hiring people.  Human
dynamics are harder to fix, may be pay the group bonus for speed
improvement.  That all mean money, so the suggestion may not go well with
management.

Petty good read anyway

William