press on or go back?

John Martin martjh-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Tue May 7 15:43:33 UTC 2013

Thanks to everyone who lent a hand. We never solved it.

I've replaced LMDE with the Ubuntu-based Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon. It
was to have been the LTS release but the DVD was in the wrong place
and I just wanted to move on. Sound works, yay! Maybe I can figure out
how, in case I ever revisit LMDE.

(I did cut and try a Debian 7 LiveDVD. Didn't even get to a desktop.)

Thanks also for the LMDE v (Ubuntu) Mint v "other" comments. I also
found the parallel "Recommended Linux Distribution for Current
Mandriva 2011.0 User" thread interesting.

John Martin