deal on netbook for Linux [was Re:Ability to buy bare machines. (Was: PC with a GPL'd OS pre-installed)]

Lennart Sorensen lsorense-1wCw9BSqJbv44Nm34jS7GywD8/FfD2ys at public.gmane.org
Wed May 1 17:48:43 UTC 2013

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 10:31:48PM -0400, William Park wrote:
> My pet peeves.  Every laptop that I might be interested (low-end laptop
> to be used as "tablet replacement") comes with bilingual keyboard.  Is
> English market in Canada/US not big enough for them?

Sure it is, but a lot of companies have gotten this idea that one model
can cover a country.  That tends to be true in most of the world.

My thinkpad has a US keyboard because I ordered it that way.  My wife's
ideapad came with a bilingual but now has a US after I replaced the
keyboard.

--
Len Sorensen