Recommended Linux Distribution for Current Mandriva 2011.0 User

CLIFFORD ILKAY clifford_ilkay-biY6FKoJMRdBDgjK7y7TUQ at public.gmane.org
Wed May 1 03:00:48 UTC 2013

On 04/30/2013 09:32 PM, Brad Fonseca wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm hoping the folks on this list might be able to help me with a
> suggestion. I'm looking to move to a new Linux distribution.

Hi,

I used to be a Mandrake/Mandriva fan and contributor but I gave up on it
a few years ago. I endured Kubuntu for a while but got tired of how
frequently things were broken. Since 2009, I've been running Fedora (KDE
spin) on my desktop and for longer than that, Debian stable on servers.
KDE is well-supported on Fedora and it strikes a good balance between
being leading edge and stability so I'm happy with it. Despite claims of
the superiority of Debian's package manager by Debian fans, I don't see
any appreciable difference between apt and yum. They both work fine.

--
Regards,

Clifford Ilkay
Dinamis