Current Dells and UEFI/secureboot?

D. Hugh Redelmeier hugh-pmF8o41NoarQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 30 01:20:16 UTC 2013

| From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes-SLHPyeZ9y/tg9hUCZPvPmw at public.gmane.org>

|   The onboard Intel GPU is not the problem; it's the CPU trying to keep
| up with Flash.  And before anyone asks...
| * I'm running Gentoo with full optimizations
| * I'm running ICEWM with no "desktop environment"; see my sig
| So I don't think there are any more optimizations to be had, other than
| a new PC.  Assuming there are no showstoppers, I'll be buying another
| Dell.  They seem to last for me.

Flash is evil.  I don't use Flash, so this is from googling.

Adobe seems to have stopped supporting hardware acceleration on Linux.
<http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/stage3d-unsupported-chipsets-drivers-flash.html>
	"* On Linux, hardware acceleration is only supported in Google
	Chrome."

They used to support the proprietary nVidia driver's VDPAU.

Perhaps if you use the Chrome browser you can keep your old machines.
But I don't know if your GPU is supported by Chrome's Flash.

Or switch to an old Flash (danger! danger!).