ad-hoc connection on my nexus 10?

Matt Price moptop99-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Sat Mar 30 03:02:54 UTC 2013

Hey folks,

I have a google nexus 10 table,t which is in many ways kinda cool, but
is by farthe worst distro to work with I've ever encountered.

I'm taking a long car trip with my son and one of his friends.  They
would liketo play minecraft together on their tablets, and in order to
do so the tablets need to be able to communicate with each other.  But
neither tablet is set up to create an ad-hoc network (the friend's is
an ipad, so I don't know what to do with that).  Anyway, two possible
solutions -- if I could get advice on either of htem, that'd be great.

1) PREFERRED -- get the android tablet to set up its own ad-hoc
network.  I guess because there is no G3 wireless, google thought it
wasn't necessary to include a GUI method to do this.  But a
command-line system would work fine for me as I have a terminal
emulator.  amny thoughts?

2) get the stupid google tablet to SEE an ad-hoc network when I create
one on my laptop.  This is less parsimonious and also requires me to
use up the battery on my laptop, which I'm not crazy about, but still
it would be better than nothing.  But the tablet just doesn't see my
network when I set it up!! I'm so frustrated!

Anyway, if anyone has suggestions for either case, please let me know.
 Thanks folks!@
matt