Following up on tonight's talk, Micro Controller Usb Devices

Christopher Browne cbbrowne-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w at public.gmane.org
Wed Mar 13 05:02:31 UTC 2013

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 12:29 AM, DAVID CHIPMAN <chipmand-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org> wrote:
> Excellent talk tonight, Jan. Pure Excellent!
>
> I'm sorry I missed it!
>
> PS, Scott, I didn't find the slides from the meeting info page @ http://gtalug.org/wiki/Meetings:2013-03. where can I find it?
>

> I would also like to se the slides from tonight's talk,

I attached them, and they sure seem to be there...
Look for the string "Image:Building_USB_Devices.pdf"

It links to the page where you can then download the document:
http://gtalug.org/wiki/Image:Building_USB_Devices.pdf

I validated that they were there by downloading it onto my tablet
while I was at the meeting, so I'm quite sure the slides are and were
there.

I won't put words into Jan's mouth, but there's a piece alluded to but
not totally explained, that being what gets programmed on the
microcontroller.  It was alluded to in that I recall Jan indicating
that some actions would be handled via the controller's interrupt
handler.  There wasn't a structure presented as the broader picture of
what a microcontroller program looks like.  Some bits are in the
slides, not as a broad structure: see pages 15-16.

I have some imagined thoughts on some of the interfacing-MC-to-USB
side of things, but I haven't expertise enough for it to be other than
blather.