Fedora-18 -- how to install?

William Park opengeometry-FFYn/CNdgSA at public.gmane.org
Sun Mar 3 17:24:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 03, 2013 at 09:48:11AM -0500, Mark Lane wrote:
> If you use LVM it didn't seem to allow you to pick what drives certain
> mount points were on. It just makes a JBOD out of the disks you pick.
> I had an SSD and platter drive so I definitely want to choose where to
> make mount points. So I just turned LVM off. LVM is nice if you need
> to resize stuff later but otherwise really isn't needed. Another
> option is to partition the drive before hand though I am not sure the
> installer supports that.

I choose "standard partition", and I wanted to install to a partition
which already has Fedora-17.

I usually install to harddisk using QEMU and then run from the disk.
If I install to a file image, I can't test the hardware.  Anyway, I
successfully installed Fedora-18 to clean file image, letting it format
as it wished.  Pretty much the same as Fedora-17... but, I don't run
Fedora daily.
--
William