The End of Eco-Fees?

Digimer lists-5ZoueyuiTZiw5LPnMra/2Q at public.gmane.org
Sun Jun 30 22:27:21 UTC 2013

Personally, I think it is a good thing. I suspect that $10 speakers will
have a fairly short use-life compared to speakers requiring a larger
investment.

We have a serious problem in our society of building environmentally
damaging disposable products. These fees help put a bottom on the level
of quality as well as fund programs to deal with the inevitable waste.

I've got a nephew and two nieces. I don't want them stuck with our trash.

On 06/30/2013 06:24 PM, Syed Faisal Akber wrote:
> I was at NCIX yesterday to help my mom buy a pair of speakers for her
> friend.   They had a set for $9.99 on sale for $7.99 and total costing
> $14.xx. Almost double due to taxes and eco-fees.
>
> Needless to say we didn't buy them.   I wonder if the government
> realizes the true economic impact they have had on consumers with the
> eco-tax.
>
> Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.

Digimer
access to education?