OT: changing youtube video

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Wed Jan 23 21:51:48 UTC 2013

Christopher Browne wrote:
> Their group is a tiny microcosm; I think it would be an error to tie the
> (fairly rare, though commonly well-publicized) cases where their folk
> reject medical treatment with broader religious communities that have
> extremely different behaviours.

Such as all those who go to Lourdes, expecting a cure?  Carl Sagan
looked at the number of "miracles" recognized by the Catholic church and
found they were lower than the natural remission rate for the various
diseases.  He also pointed out that you were more likely to die
traveling to or from Lourdes, than to be cured.  There are many other
examples, where religious belief causes people to forgo proper medical care.