Found a replacement power supply ?

Kevin Cozens kevin-4dS5u2o1hCn3fQ9qLvQP4Q at public.gmane.org
Wed Feb 13 22:24:15 UTC 2013

On 13-02-10 08:33 PM, Molly Tournquist wrote:
> The TX650 is made by seasonic. The CX600 and CX600M are apparently
> made by channel well.

Correct. I found a web page that lists who actually makes the supplies
sold under different brand names.

> I believe you've heard about the differences/uninterchangeability of
> completely different products by the same distributor/brand.

I know the name on the box doesn't indicate who actually made the
supply. Other than that, I don't know what what you are trying to say.

> If you insist on sticking with best buy, and are okay with taking a
> risk with the quality anyway, you might want to look at the antec
> basiq 350W (BP350) , it has 23A on the pair of 12V rails. Even if
> it's not 80plus certified, it probably won't be much less efficient,

I previously stated my reasons for using Best Buy which has nothing to
do with taking a risk. If I really wanted to take a risk I would just
gone to my local outlet of Best Buy and picked up either the Dynex or
RocketFish supply they have available.

Since I'm going to change the supply I want to make sure it can handle
the two built-in HD's and a removable one all at the same time and also
allow me to use higher end video cards in the future. I also want an
80%+ supply as my machine gets a lot of use.