Found a replacement power supply ?

Molly Tournquist mollytournquist-ifvz4xmYPRU at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 11 01:33:10 UTC 2013

The TX650 is made by seasonic. The CX600 and CX600M are apparently made by channel well. I believe you've heard about the differences/uninterchangeability of completely different products by the same distributor/brand.

If you insist on sticking with best buy, and are okay with taking a risk with the quality anyway, you might want to look at the antec basiq 350W (BP350) , it has 23A on the pair of 12V rails. Even if it's not 80plus certified, it probably won't be much less efficient, due to not being so deep in the unloaded end of the efficiency curve most of the time. The basiq series are made by Fortron, so it shouldn't be all that dangerous, not like getting a 400 wat generic. Though a basiq bp430 would probably be a better option, if you could get one.