Conversation with Rogers

James Knott james.knott-bJEeYj9oJeDQT0dZR+AlfA at public.gmane.org
Mon Feb 11 12:44:24 UTC 2013

William Park wrote:
> Which mailer (sendmail or postfix) are you using, and how did you set it
> up to use SSL/TLS?  I'm using Yahoo as mail relay (SMART_HOST in
> sendmail) using port 25.  But, not sure how long they are going to keep
> that open.

I use Seamonkey for email and also use fetchmail to download my incoming
mail to my own imap server.  I use the Yahoo SMTP server for outgoing.
Yahoo supports ports 487, IIRC, as a replacement for 25 and 465 for smtp
on SSL/TLS.  The same ports work for Rogers, but you'll get a name
mismatch on the digital certificates.